Sunday, December 12, 2010

Welcome to The Taylor Legacy!

Before my mother Betty Jean Hamby West (1933-2003) died, she got interested in genealogy. She uncovered inspiring stories about our heritage, much of it around the Taylors. My great, great, great grandfather Isaac Taylor and his two brothers, William and Harris, were a trio of Methodist circuit riders in early Mississippi and Alabama history.

I recently began picking up where Mom left off, now that the benefits of the internet have made it faster and easier. I've learned that there is a family legacy in ministry that goes much farther back. My Taylor ancestors were descendants of other Taylors that made their mark on Christian history. Most notable were Dr. Rowland Taylor, one of the great martyrs of the English Reformation who burned at the stake by Queen Mary. Related to him was William Tyndale, also burned at the stake because of he famously translated the Bible into English.

I have started this blog to share stories as I continue to discover them. Each week or so I will post part of this incredible legacy. I hope it brings you courage and inspiration for your Christian faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment